Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Feelin' in-betweeny


I'm not quite sure what has me feeling in limbo, and not the good kind of limbo where you get to drink mai tais on the beach and contort your body in order to ooze yourself underneath a bar, while shirtless, tanned surfer-type dudes cheer you on, obviously impressed by your flexibility, chutzpah, and sheer party girliness.

Umm...where was I?

Oh yeah, feeling in limbo. Coming down off of a totally fun weekend, one that was a long time coming (and by that I mean that it's taken me 20+ years to see the Godfathers live). Getting back into the reality of day-to-day life, things like doing laundry, going to a dentist appointment, working out...all necessary, but all seeming somewhat mundane at the moment. Caught somewhere between a boy and man--wait, that's Kid Rock. I'M caught somewhere between winter and spring, and I tell you, I am feeling terribly antsy. We've had a taste of warmer weather, and although I tried to be philosophical, pragmatic, and realistic and say that I knew there would be more cold weather, apparently it was a futile effort. As cold weather approaches in the coming days, I'm thinking bad bad words and wondering how long this is going to last.

I want to open all the windows and let the breeze blow through the house. I want to break out all my summer clothes and wear those skorts I bought last year, and I want to wear them with my cute little wedge sandals. I want to get outside and feel the sun on my face and arms. I want to walk around here in a big T-shirt and my underwear if I feel like it (and I do). I want I want I want.

I know summer will get here soon enough, but I've got a serious case of cabin fever, folks, and it could get ugly. I'm feeling a little fierce right now.

Because I don't want to turn that fierceness on my loved ones, it seems like a perfect time to talk about Sarah Palin and the back taxes she owes for the thousands of dollars that she took for per diem and travel expenses for her husband and family. How's that "reformer" thing working for you, Palin? Taking thousands of dollars in per diem expenses because you choose to live in Wasilla rather than the governor's mansion; asking the people of Alaska to pay for your husband and children's travel expenses; claiming none of that as income. Priceless!

As I wrote on my Facebook page, perhaps she can add IRS agents to the list of animals that can be aerially hunted in Alaska. That would solve this problem, pronto!

11 comments:

  1. Beth, my dear, I feel your pain ( and may you not feel mine!LOL!!) You're feeling a little blah? Open those windows and get on Ms. Palin and her unpaid taxes and get your ya ya's out!That should hold you off until the warm weather.
    ;) Ada

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean!!! I want it to be warm where I can open the doors & windows. It's so stormy here tonight. Tornado warnings & watches around everywhere! Scary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We could always go for a stroll in the yard, and soak in some rays and such. Put on you snowmobile suit :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you ther Missy! I can barely stay in my skin, I am soo antsy! Loved the Godfather's video ... it was super cool!

    Everything is irratating to me, for no real reason. Manage to make it thru without any big mistakes, but man ... I want to do SOMETHING.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry that you're experiencing cabin fever... if I had a house, I'd trade you for awhile!! OH WAIT... you have critters don't you?!??! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes and I seem to remember an invite to a Spring/Summer yard sale. ;) I'm so with you on this. Mine is for a slightly different reason. I want these kids to get out of my house! ;) At least when it's warm I can set Jasmine loose in the backyard while I sit on the swing with the screamer. ;))) I would like to see some GREEN again... not white, not brown but real bright, healthy green. *sigh* I suppose we're just going to have to wait... or move to Florida to our new retirement village. HaHaHa
    Love,
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw honey...you aren't alone. I'm feelin' in-betweeny too.
    Lovish!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am feeling the same way! I want the lake to melt so bad! Even Aiden asked me last night when we could go out on the "fast boat" again! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so ready for spring. I am not venturing out anymore, I go to My Space but no more and feel uneasy there. Go there to get pictures of the great grandkids. Glad you were able to trash Palin. Would love to read it but not going to Facebook. We have one credit card which has been used for computer items such as ink but have not used that in ages. I have shredded everything for years but my card was compromised by someone in Germany. Thank goodness my card Co. caught it. That card no longer exists as of this morning. I am pretty sure that person got my info from my computer. Will call my son and ask how he keeps his computer safe. He even banks on it. Sorry this is so long. Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  10. My daffodils are blooming, so I think winter restlessness is about to end here in Oklahoma. It shouldn't be far behind in Indiana. Perhaps you can cheer up a bit by remembering that Sarah Palin's winter up there in Alaska will continue on and on and on.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with you on your feeling Beth. Everyone seems to be antsy and little edgy lately. It's been a long, hard winter. I can't wait to open the windows and get some fresh air blowing around either.

    Soon my dear, soon!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you?