Friday, March 20, 2009

Breaking news from Nutwood

[make the dee dee deedee breaking news sound]

I just heard on our local news that President Obama will be the commencement speaker at Notre Dame on May 17. Wow, how utterly cool! Dang, I wish I knew someone who was graduating this year. Maybe if I go hang out on campus, I'll make friends with someone and they'll invite me. Perhaps I can take lessons from Cynthia Plaster Caster on how to win friends and influence people.

HA! Totally kidding!

But really, that's so neat. He will also be giving the commencement addresses at Arizona State (Myra, isn't that where you went?) and the Naval Academy.

6 comments:

  1. Let me get my feeble network working on this :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far the Prez seems to be an "out in the open" kinda guy. Hopefully he'll kick some arse in this US of A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to hear him speak live and in person, but I doubt he'll come to Smallville any time soon.

    We had Fred Thompson when he was runnin' for Prez. he dropped out of the race the day after he visited Smallville.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool story!
    The folks at ND jumped on this opportunity quite quickly. Good for them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard that to. Beth I have a award from the Netherlands for you if you cARE TO PICK IT OFF MY BLOG. I UNDERSTAND Netherland BUT THAT IS ALL. I would like to see the president in person but doubt if I ev er will. Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's still time. Get over to the campus and start offering cups of coffee, gas cards or free tudoring. I'm sure you can pick up some college kid that would love to take you under his or her wing and get you a coveted ticket.
    That would be amazing!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete

I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you?