Saturday, August 8, 2009

Three for three!

Tonight we had a date with a Mystery Blogger. I gave you a clue when I said that I was "jazzed" for it!

Jamie and family We met with that sassy Jamie girl from An Animal Rescuer's Life, her husband Shawn, and their daughter Jasmine (AKA "Jazz") and son Evan. Evan didn't have much to say, but he was very smiley tonight! Jasmine is a bundle of energy, and such a cutie-pie--Ken had a blast being "Bucko" with her, and she was a lot of fun. Oh, and it was great to talk to Jamie and Shawn, too! Haha!

Honestly, I'm so glad we finally got to meet. We're old enough to be their parents--ack!--but I hope we weren't too much of a drag! I enjoyed talking with both of them, and I hope we get a chance to get together again. It's not like we live hundreds of miles away, so I don't see why it won't happen--with everything we both have going on, it's just a matter of when. Jamie is funny and sarcastic, and I'd have to say that Shawn is, too. No wonder I liked them both!

For anyone who thinks that online friendships aren't real, I say "piss off!"

Oh, and Milwaukee Dan #2? We talked about you, yes, we did. Wondered if we might get you to stop by this way en route sometime and meet up with us. What's it gonna be, boy? Yes...or no? We'll let you sleep on it, and you can give us an answer in the morning.

Wow, awesome weekend so far, and it's only half over. On the way home tonight, we put the top down and cranked up an Alice CD. I'm excited for tomorrow!

14 comments:

  1. Oh, that is so neat! I'm glad you did this and had such a good time.

    You're right. We know each other on here. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's Great!!! I love meeting blog friends in person!! I'm really hoping to get to meet Coelha Julie while she's on vacation nearby. I do live near a couple of blogsters, but have not had the pleasure of meeting them, yet!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can not believe I could not remember the name of Meat Loaf - after reading this, the music was going through my near empty mind (apparently) and I could see him on the stage, but his stage name completely escaped me. MEAT LOAF, I like him, know you do not, but thanks for putting it in your entry.

    Jamie, Shawn, and the kidlets were all a hoot :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is always cool to meet someone in real life that you had known online. You all look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. << For anyone who thinks that online friendships aren't real, I say "piss off!">>

    Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beth:

    What a great photo of you all. :)

    I'm glad you got the chance to meet another good person and her family. A friendship is a friendship, no matter where!

    Most of my friends here, have been honest and more kind,than in the real world.

    You have proved that to your good friends.

    I do hope you have a great summer and a good week.

    P&L
    Wes&Family

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's always fun to meet people "for real!"
    I'm going back to NYC to hang with David Dust and Maddie again in a couple of weeks... they were so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you got to meet some blog friends. Awesome. I'll have to go check out her blog.
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes I can hardly believe you and Ken are real- your lives seems so amazing! Happy you can share it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is wonderful!!! I agree with you about online friends! They are the BEST!!! Great photo by the way!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought that was who you were meeting. I'm glad to hear you guys all had such a great time.

    "Piss off"....don't hold back, tell us how you really feel. LOL You are a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Beth,
    Great photo! Nice to hear you made another in-person connection. I hope your track record continues!
    Best,
    Marty

    ReplyDelete
  13. i saw a meatloaf ref-- does that mean i get a silver squirrel????


    xxalainaxx

    ReplyDelete

I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you?