Sunday, July 29, 2012

Over and over

MistakesLittle blog o’ mine, I’ve been neglecting you! I am so sorry. I’ve been enjoying some nicer weather over the past week, and now I’m all caught up in the Olympics. I’ll be writing more about the Olympics soon, but in the meantime, something has been nagging at me. I’ll write about it real quick and then get some sleep!

In reading some stuff online, I have to wonder how people can make the same mistakes over and over again. I have certainly made some doozies in my lifetime, and I’m sure I’ll make some in the future. When I was younger, I know I took way too long to learn certain lessons. Once you reach a certain age, shouldn’t you have started to figure things out, though? Doesn’t there come a point when you think, “Wait a minute...I’ve seen this movie before”? In fact, you may have been the star of that movie!

I don’t really have a point here, and I’ll be the first to admit that I’ve made some really bonehead mistakes in my life. However, I try to limit those mistakes to a couple of times, especially as I’ve gotten older, and I can’t help but wonder why anyone close to my age would continue to keep making the same bad decisions over and over. If things continue to go wrong, doesn’t it make sense to stop and figure out if your own behavior is part of the problem? Isn’t that logical?


I suppose for some people, there is an element of being a perpetual victim. When things go wrong, it is someone else’s fault, and they had no part in it. There are definitely situations when that happens, but if there is a recurring pattern in your life, I think it’s wise to do a little soul-searching and think about whether you might be part of the problem. We all make mistakes, but the point of making mistakes is to learn from them and not continue to make them.

8 comments:

  1. Actually, I think it is a good point.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said. We all should learn from our mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. finally learning from my mistakes brought to me where i am right now- something that would of never happened had i not owned up to my part in all the drama and learned better skills to cope with my childhood.


    xxalainaxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mistakes are a part of life, a part of learning.
    Not learning from them is just plain dumb.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually learn from the first one, but with family, it is harder to not make the mistake again, and again, and...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the toon with this post! And I also like the phrase "perpetual victimization". For a post that you had nothing to say, you certainly said a lot Beth!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Butt Beth, your smarter then the average bare sew irregardless of you're point, I'm sure you're misteaks are few and far among!

    ReplyDelete

I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you?