Thursday, June 6, 2013

King, Mellencamp, and Letterman

King, Mellencamp, LettermanLast night, Stephen King and John Mellencamp were on Letterman to promote their musical “Ghost Brothers of Darkland County.”

It was EPIC.

Ken even stayed up late to watch it, and watching it again today, I was cracking up all over again. (I texted my sister about it today, and she was like, “Why didn’t you text me?!” Agh! I’m sorry, Di! haha)

Three of my favorite entertainers in their respective fields, all gathered together and talking. And two of them Hoosiers! It was a freakin’ Bethgasm. I’ve read every Stephen King book; I’ve been to see Mellencamp numerous times over the years; I’ve watched Letterman since his daytime show when I was in college...and we are both Ball State alum!

Seeing these three interact was priceless. I was thinking about why it delighted me so much, and why I love these three guys. I told Ken that I think it’s because they are all at the point where they have this “fuck you” attitude. Like, “We are who we are, and if you don’t like it, well, fuck you!”

I kind of like that. I like it a lot.

They all seem to have a rapport that goes beyond casual friendship. I love that feeling when you really connect with someone...someone who “gets” you and has the same weird sense of humor that you have. I am fortunate to have several people like that in my life, including my hubby!

The musical is coming to our fair town, and I’m super excited to be going to it and to have front row seats! I’m going to order the CD soon so I can get familiar with the songs. Seeing that interview last night made me even more excited to go. I think it’s going to be dark and creepy and brooding...right up my alley!

The interview takes place during about the first nine minutes of this video. Watch soon, before CBS yanks it from YouTube!

2 comments:

  1. Alas, we do not live in a cottage in this fair town, guess our humble abode will have to do :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interview - they are characters! What fun would it be to hang out with them for a while. I still have my John "Couger" pendant from back in the day! :)



    ReplyDelete

I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you?