Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Florida’s new name is Sybil

NSBhThe sun was shining when I got up this morning, and I went outside to read and drink my mango tea. It was already hot and humid at 9 AM, but the breeze felt great! I was glad I got out when I did, because the clouds rolled in off the ocean soon, and we got a decent sprinkle.

It began to clear up after a couple of hours, but we had to meet with the timeshare people for a bit. After the usual spiel, we got out of there with our hides intact. By that time, we had full sunshine, so we slathered on the sunscreen and hit the beach! YAY! It felt so good to feel that sand and soak up the heat and sun. Aaaaand since this is Florida in the summertime, the clouds soon rolled in again. We dipped our toes in the water, but with the recent rain, it was super cold. A full-body dunk just was not happening for me.

We carted our gear in and put some clothes on for a short walk down the beach to Tony & Joe’s, a little beachside tavern that has been here for a while. We’ve always talked about stopping there and never have, so today was the day. We got sprinkled on a little bit on the way there, but by the time we had a couple of beers and a shrimp appetizer, you guessed it...the sun was back out! We headed back and by this time, I was sunned and beered out, so it was nap time for me. I had Ken wake me up an hour later, and then I caught a little more sun and watched some people celebrating a beach wedding. Looks like the happy couple is staying in one of the bungalows, and they had friends and family celebrating with them. Very nice, and I wish them much happiness!

NSBdTonight’s dinner was wahoo perfectly grilled by Ken. Love me some wahoo! It’s a mild, firm fish, and it grills up nicely. A couple of Sopranos episodes and “Under the Dome,” and now I think I’ll do a little reading and then hit the hay. Ken didn’t take a nap today, so he’s already there.

I’m hoping for some more nice weather tomorrow, probably interspersed with the occasional shower—I’m getting used to this Multiple Personality Disorder weather—and we’re planning on taking a walk down the beach to another beachside grill and tavern, Breakers. It’s my #1 favorite burger I’ve ever had, and we look forward to it every year!

See ya on the beach!

2 comments:

  1. Yahoo for wahoo! Maybe Sybil will decide on one personality today, the sunny one.

    ReplyDelete

I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you?