Tuesday, January 24, 2017

More Like Badasslands

I am a human being capable of doing terrible things
You people are mistaken if you think that I’m awake
And celebrating anything that I’ve become

~~ “Run” by AWOLNATION

We are four days into the Yamocracy and the level of bullshit is already becoming untenable.

We went from the Resident’s little temper tantrum about how the media is so unfair to him and misrepresented the size of his, you know...CROWD, at the inauguration, to the new press secretary standing in front of the press and all the universe flat-out LYING about said crowd, to the soulless, unrepentant Kellyanne saying that Spicer’s LIES were merely “alternative facts.”

If all that weren’t bad enough (and I’m not even mentioning the executive orders we’ve seen so far), the Yam also imposed radio silence on, of all agencies, the National Park Service. Why? Because of his ongoing tantrum about their photo showing the size of Obama’s inauguration crowd in comparison to the size of the Yam’s (not even close). I’m sure the vast crowds in DC and all around the world for the Women’s March, which also dwarfed the inauguration crowd, did nothing to alleviate his fit of pique.

Someone at one Twitter account, that of Badlands National Park, was having none of it and tweeted out several facts about climate change, something they have done often.

What happened? Those tweets (seen above) were removed from the Twitter account.

You know something the Yam really does not seem capable of comprehending? Stuff on the Internet doesn’t just magically go away if you delete it. These things get screen captured and are widely available to share far and wide. (He also doesn’t seem to understand that videotape exists. We all saw you mock a disabled reporter, Yam. WE SAW YOU.)

Thank you, Badlands, for this small act of subversion. (We are proud, long-time supporters of the National Parks Conservation Association.) Small acts can add up to big results, and these things that might seem simple can cumulatively have a large impact. This is the kind of thing that we all need to be doing. We cannot sit idly by as we watch our precious planet be pussy-grabbed by the orange oaf.

Speak out. Stand up. Do not let yourself be silenced!

3 comments:

  1. I remember a few times in the past you've mentioned being short. You seem awful tall to me politically. I may not always agree with you, but you do always appear to be well-informed, earnest & thoughtful(& often damn funny).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, yes, I am 5 feet tall. Thank you for the kind words...that is honestly one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me and I am honored that you feel that way.

      Delete
  2. Visited the badlands in 2015 and again in August of 2016 on my way to Sturgis. Back there again this August. Amazing park!

    ReplyDelete

I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you?