Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Eclipse Addendum

Teach your children well

~~ “Teach Your Children” by CSNY

When I wrote about the eclipse in my previous entry, I mentioned that one of the coolest things was seeing the awe on the faces of kids (and even adults!) in various pictures.

My friend Jillian posted these photos of her and Neal’s daughters on Facebook and I was so charmed by them that I asked her permission to share them. This is exactly what I was talking about.

Seeing this fascination and delight on their faces is something that we can all hold onto and rejoice in. Jillian was a student in the lab where I worked and it was a pleasure to be a part of her training; we went on to become colleagues and friends and she is one of the finest techs I have ever worked with. Knowing that she is fostering a love of science and a curiosity about the world in her daughters just does my heart good.

I wonder how many youngsters, female or male, watched that eclipse on Monday and decided that they want to pursue a career in science?

The future is now.


3 comments:

  1. you know i can't like this enough <3 <3 <3
    xxalainaxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not feel the enthusiasm I used to for all that great big future out there in the name of the children, & their children, etc. anymore, but I want to....

    ReplyDelete

I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you?