Sunday, September 16, 2018

Telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty

Help me, help me, help me sail away
Well give me two good reasons why I oughta stay


~~ "Sunny Afternoon" by The Kinks


NO. I will not give you two reasons, Brett Kavanaugh. In fact, take your rapey, punk ass back where it came from!

Everyone has heard about Kavanaugh's accuser by now, right? She went public because people were harassing her and trying to get a statement from her. Good for you, Professor. 


Kavanaugh needs to withdraw now. I had already sent an email to my Democratic Senator, Joe Donnelly, urging him to vote against Kavanaugh's confirmation and that was yesterday before this woman went public. I would hope that every woman who cares about their rights and their autonomy is sending messages to their own Senators, especially the constituents of women like Susan Collins and Lisa Murkowski. 


Listen, I know how it feels. My freshman year in college, I was at a party, and stupidly got myself into a similar situation. This was only one guy and I was able to get myself out of it, but I was really freakin' scared for a while. I was 17 at the time, and Kavanaugh's victim was only 14. Fourteen! 


This is not acceptable. I don't give a fuck that it was 30 years ago. This is someone that could be on the Court for decades, deciding questions about women's health, women's rights, and so many other things that will affect us for the foreseeable future. 


Withdraw now, Kavanaugh. And any Senator that votes for him? You are on notice. 


2 comments:

I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you?