Saturday, March 7, 2020

An interesting Q&A exercise Part Two

The very thing you've been searching for
Has been yours all along

~~ "Salt in the Rainbow" by Duran Duran



I'm so wordy that I needed a second entry to finish these questions. 

I make no apologies for that. I like to write and when I'm in the mood, I like to talk. I go for most of the day without saying much, other than talking to the cat or the TV, so when Ken gets home from work, he often gets an earful. 


But more often than not, I write it out rather than talk it out. It amazes me that in my younger days, I could easily spend an hour or two or three just talking with family and friends. Now I have to work myself up to making a phone call. 


That's not a problem when I write. 


So here is the second part of these excellent and interesting questions. 


6. What sound or noise do you love? 


There are many. Most involve music. A crunchy guitar chord, a sweet lyric or turn of phrase, a backbeat that rumbles in my chest. But sometimes it's the quiet sounds of rustling leaves, the chirp of a hummingbird, the rustling of a chipmunk in the leaves. 


My favorite nature sound has to be the sound of the peeping frogs in our ponds in the summer. When I'm lying in bed at night with the window open, their peeps are my lullaby.


7. What sound or noise do you hate? 


As with #6, there are many. Screaming kids. Dirt bikes. Gunfire. Loud mufflers on cars. Anything that disturbs the peace around our little retreat here in the boondocks. Loud people, whether it's cackling women or dudebros trying to out-shout each other. If it's not a concert or a game, I love my peace and quiet. 


8. What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?


An easy one. Author. I just wish I had more creativity. I am still working on that. 


9. What profession would you not like to do? 


Beyond the obvious, like working in a slaughterhouse or working the streets or breaking rocks in the hot sun, when it comes to white-collar work, I think being an accountant would be the most mind-numbing job possible. No human interaction, just number-crunching. Even in my job as a Microbiologist, I worked with others to get out the work and consulted with them, and felt that I was helping patients. I'm sure there are many accountants who find great personal satisfaction in their work, and I applaud them for it. It's something that would wither my spirit.


10. If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? 


Who says I'm going to arrive at the Pearly Gates? Heh. 


Once again, I'm an atheist, so this question is merely an exercise in fanciful thinking for me. If I were to presume that this would actually happen, I don't think I'd wait for "God" to say anything to me. I think I'd have a shit-ton of questions for it and plenty to say. 


God: Welcome, my child. What questions do you have for me? 


Me: First of all, I'm not your child. I'm a grown-ass woman. And I've got some questions for YOU." 


Buckle up, pal, because you've got a lot to answer for.




1 comment:

  1. ...I don't think that if there is anyone there to reply to you, that SHE WOULD be of a mind to answer you... and if it was a he, I am sure that he would be too petty to give you a hearing..!

    ReplyDelete

I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you?