Sunday, March 15, 2020

Moose out front shoulda told you

Closing time
Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end

~~ "Closing Time" by Semisonic


Well, shit is getting real. 

Both Ohio and Illinois are closing down restaurants and bars for a couple of weeks, and the Mayor of Hoboken, NJ has instituted a curfew in addition to closing things down.

Closer to home, although Indiana has not taken that step or the step of closing all schools, South Bend has closed schools for a couple of weeks.  

Unfortunately, there are still some people who are not getting it. From a microbiologist's viewpoint, this is dangerously short-sighted. Although these steps might seem draconian and an over-reaction, I can assure you that we need to break the transmission chain. 

I understand that this will impact millions of people. I understand that people who are barely making ends meet are going to be hurting. However, the alternative is worse. I don't think people are truly understanding just how bad this could get. If our healthcare system is overwhelmed, people will not get needed treatment and people will die. 

This is where the federal government absolutely must pass a relief bill. We need to protect those workers whose lives will be upended by this. 

As I am writing this, the White House is having a press briefing. I am absolutely livid. This so-called "president" came out and his main concern is not with the people who are ill or dying, but his delight at the Fed lowering the interest rate. 

I just can't even anymore. What is wrong with him? He is an utter psychopath. He has no empathy. 

This was going to be a longer entry but I need to do some self-care right now because I need to bring my blood pressure down. 




3 comments:

  1. This is so serious. We've been getting prepared for weeks! Our state, Minnesota is shutting down things already. We have a fantastic Governor and they seem to have a handle on things so far. Thanks for your insights on the situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop that beat, it makes me apprehensive.
    Sweat ruins my clothes, they are very expensive.
    The neighbours are complaining, it's getting out of hand.
    Throw that beat in the garbage can.

    ReplyDelete

I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you?