Friday, May 1, 2009

A quick note

Ken and I have errands to run this afternoon, but I just wanted to do a quick update here, with more to follow later today.

Silver Squirrel Award Congratulations to Mark of Stars Like Grains of Sand in my Pocket for winning the Silver Squirrel award. He correctly guessed (and was the first to do so) that Kings in Satan's Service was a reference to those Detroit City rockers, KISS. Back in the seventies, there were several preachers who would go around to churches and talk to the youth groups about the evils of rock and roll. They always said that KISS was an acronym for Kings in Satan's Service, and for some reason, that always cracked me up.

And a blast from the past...remember the picture I put up of Sarah Palin in her office, with a grizzly bear pelt and a huge crab sitting on a table? Many people thought it was photoshopped, but I found several other pictures that showed the same thing. Now I've got video for you! The grizzly is prominent, but watch closely for the crab. My favorite part is when she tells the guy, "You've got that patriotism in ya that people just so respect. Thank you for that." I'm not familiar with the guy, or his show, and maybe he does some really good things for charities, etc. I just don't know. But I'm not quite sure how building motorcycles makes him have "that patriotism" in him.


6 comments:

  1. She just seems kinda fake to me.... It was kinda like she really don't know what to say. Although we used to love to watch Orange County Choppers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, I wish she were our VP! Look at all the kindas and you betcha's we're missing out on. And, gotta love that big bear she's leaning on! Holy bejesus, how is that woman a governor?

    RE: KISS - I met the hot and wonderful Paul Stanley last summer, and I've got me some yummy pics of me and him. Yup, you betcha I do.;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe it's the fact they're called "American" Choppers. I don't know...everything with American in front of it doesn't necessary make you patriotic. I know quite a few people who live in this country that are not. I can't figure out why in the world they are interviewing her, are they planning on building a chopper for her? (Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy moley, I'm gonna hurl! Her casual elbow on that giant bear is the last straw. Do you think Alaska King Crabs will eventually replace coffee table books as decorating accessories?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth, I so not mind saying you and I think so much alike on this Sarah Palin thing and guess what ???? We know we are right. Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  6. did she kill that grizzly? Her head is awful big for her body. I was told that KISS was satanic when i was a kid and i then worried Guy was going to hell because he LOVED them, was obsessed with them. I hear Gene Simmons is going to be on a new fall show with Jason Bateman and i will definitely watch it.

    ReplyDelete

I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you?