Thursday, November 26, 2009

When Black Friday comes

Black Friday Here's wishing everyone a fun Thanksgiving! My Li'l Deviled Eggs are chillin' in the fridge, and I'm chillin', too. I'm looking forward to seeing family, and I hope you all have a wonderful time with you and yours!

Personally, I've got such a hankering for pumpkin pie, and there had better be whipped cream to go along with it! I don't often eat dessert, but I can tell you that I will make sure I have room for a piece of pumpkin pie with a big blob of whipped cream on top! Yummy!

Of course, Friday is the big shopping day, one of the biggest of the year. I think there's a day in the week leading up to Christmas that's bigger, but Black Friday is when all the stores offer deep discounts, and open up at the freakish hour of 4 am or sometimes even earlier.

I don't like shopping on normal days, and I can tell you that I'd rather eat a bullet than go shopping the day after Thanksgiving. Gahhhh, people standing in line waiting to get into stores, pushing and shoving each other, trampling others to get some stupid sweater or this year's Cabbage Patch Kid or Tickle Me Elmo. If I'm going to stand in line, push, shove, or trample, it's going to be for a concert, not to fight some muffin-topped broad for that last Frozen Margarita Maker at 75% off. Everyone knows that margaritas are better on the rocks, anyway, you silly bitch.

The Rock Band USB hub seems to be fried, and since we're planning on playing it with relatives on Friday, someone might have to venture out Friday morning to buy a new one. That someone is not named Beth, I can tell you that! Ha! Hell, I don't think I'll even step foot outside the house on Friday. I would just sense the intense shopping vibes in the air, and that would make me highly uncomfortable and anxious.

I'm guessing that this will be a big day for retailers. Everyone needs to get some good bargains this year, and I hope it will give a little boost to the economy, or at least bode well. (Things do seem to be looking up.) I applaud anyone who has the stones to go out on Friday, but count me out. Hey, I do my part throughout the year, so cut me some slack.

Enjoy some Steely Dan. Who doesn't like some Steely Dan once in a while?

16 comments:

  1. I wear black on Black Friday, in honor of all those folks who are crazy enough to actually go out in that madness. If shopping was the last thing to do in the world, I'd still stay home on Friday! Happy Thanksgiving to you and Ken.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol i wear black on the outside 'cause black is how i feel on the inside.

    i still have that video of the melee at walmart last year where the security guard got killed when the crowds rushed the door. just remember that i said it first: walmart- where christmas costs lives.

    enjoy your turkey lurkey- we are geocaching on the way up to the future in laws. the safe word is fuck this, we out!

    xxalainaxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That artwork is great!
    Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot do the Black Friday.
    All that violence.....I'm afraid I'd hurt someone!
    Anyhooooo, Happy Thanksgiving from Smallville to Nutwood, from one Evil Twin to another!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I avoid Black Friday at all costs. But I don't avoid food, so Happy Thanksgiving@

    ReplyDelete
  6. imagine if you have to work on Black Friday.

    sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a Happy Thanksgiving. We avoid the shopping on Black Friday, too. It's stupid capitalist propaganda. I hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Thanksgiving! I'm with you on black Friday. One year my hub's ex got into a fist fight with someone over a TV she had slung into a cart and they came up and tried to steal the cart!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope Sheeba makes it back from the store shopping for the hub tomorrow :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I went out on Black Friday ONCE...and that was enough to turn me off! I have to work tomorrow anyway, so doesn't really matter to me anyway. I'm going to have to vehemently disagree with you...frozen margaritas vs on the rocks...guess thats like shaken not stirred, Beatles vs Stones...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm staying far away from the malls and shops today! No way will I venture into that! I'm going knitting with friends at Yarn Frenzy, new shop opened by one of the knitting circle retired teachers.

    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that cartoon - it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You were wise to stay home. I was just running some errands and doing normal shopping and it was still a hassle!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Unfortunately, I can't avoid BF because I have to work....
    Something about the tryptophan in turkey makes women more crazy about shoes than ever!
    I just want to yell: "Bitches- you're supposed to be buying gifts... for OTHER people! Put the shoe back where you got it!"

    ReplyDelete
  15. We went out on Black Friday, just so I could say that I did it. I used to work in retail, and I enjoyed how hectic it was. Got the chance to break people's heart guilt free ... no, we DON'T have that item in that size, you are S-O-L ..!

    ReplyDelete

I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you?