Saturday, April 7, 2012

Barbie Day!

Spring 2012dWow, what a beauty! I hope you’re all having as pretty a day as we are here at Nutwood.

After a nice, relaxing morning, I did my workout while Ken did some computer work for his job. Then he was off to Lowe’s to pick up some stuff for the house and lawn, and it warmed up enough that I got one of the lounge chairs out of the garage and spent a little sun time on the deck. While Ken did some yard stuff, I puttered on the deck and inside the house. The plan was for me to bake the baby back ribs in the oven, but it’s nice enough that Ken is going to be able to fire up the grill for the first time this season! Yum! I made some cucumbers and onions yesterday, too, so I guess it’s our first official barbecue. I love this time of year!

I finished one book (Book Three, Mountolive, of The Alexandria Quartet...I’ll be writing more about the whole thing when I finish Book Four, but it is just amazing, and I’m loving it) and started another (Attack of the Theocrats by Sean Faircloth), and in between did a quick read-through of a Time issue that has been waiting for me for several days. I also got a neat thing in the mail from the lovely Laurel of Afton Station: two Oklahoma guides for Route 66, as well as our first Route 66 postcard, from Afton Station! Which reminds me that I need to continue working on our itinerary. I’ve made good progress, but need to finalize some things in order to make reservations for some of the cooler old motels.

Completely different subject, but I think some of you might get as big a kick out of this as I did. A friend of a good friend (Milwaukee Dan #1) has proven to be more than a little unstable on Facebook, and has kind of gone ballistic in a couple of discussions. It seems that they are no longer friends, but I don’t know who defriended whom. The guy grew increasingly insulting to all of Dan’s friends who were commenting, and seemed to save his special ire for me. In his most recent flameout, he said that I agree with everything Dan says, and after calling us all “loosers,” he said that he hopes I can eventually form an opinion of my own and “Can you say yes woman.” Then he took his ball and went home. I’m not sure what that last thing meant, but he seemed to think that I am unable to form an opinion of my own and just agree with everything Dan says because I think Dan is so smart.

I’ll just let that sink in for a moment.

That’s right. I’m guessing that everyone who knows me, or who reads me here, would be the first to say that I am completely unopinionated. BAhahaha! I honestly can’t stop chuckling about this, because I mean...come ON! And for the record, I’ve known Dan for about 30 years, and I really do
think he’s smart. I don’t hang out with “loosers.”

5 comments:

  1. i make my pants looser after a big meal- maybe he was implying your bbq would fill you up?


    xxalainaxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to find someone who is "looser"- I've been on a dry spell lately!

    BTW: what do you put on your cucumber and onions? When I use vinegar it is too sour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wish I was in the AO so I could have rode by on my trusty steed (a 2012 Trek 7.1!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. First BBQ was an unqualified success :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth has opinions? Shocking, simply shocking!

    ReplyDelete

I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you?