Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Laundry day from hell (that’s what she said edition)

Vintage laundryUGH! Let me just bitch about this and get it out of my system.

I didn’t go anywhere today and decided to tackle Laundry Mountain. By the time I got everything separated, I had three huge loads. (That’s what she said! I’m sorry, I just had to.) By the time I post this entry, I’ll be finished with #3, so I can legitimately say that I made Laundry Mountain my bitch. HA! So there.

I can usually spread things out in the week a little more (go ahead and fill in your own “That’s what she said!” comments when you find it necessary), but I really wanted to just get it out of the way and done. It’s not so bad when you can spread it out (see the beginning of this paragraph), but doing it all in one day is just so incredibly tedious. I did other things, too, like got my workout done and talked to my Mom, but it was in between hanging and folding.

BLEAHHH! I’m sick of laundry! Fuck you, laundry! [flipping laundry the double bird]

Okay, I feel better now. Thanks.

When it’s all out of the way, I can focus on getting caught up on my online classes. I’m a week behind and we’re already well into the following week. I did manage to watch last week’s Vaccines video, so I’m not as behind on that one. The connection at the hotel was often wonky, though, and there were periods where I couldn’t connect at all. So I just blew off the rest of the lectures and figured I’d catch up later. Hey, just like real college!

I did manage to keep up with using the program to scan for outbreak cases for my Epidemics class, and picked up quite a few in my meanderings. I’ve found and isolated 31 cases so far. Yay! Some people have found in the hundreds, so they must be right in the thick of the pretend outbreak. The new phase is that some of us doing the scanning are also infectious, so we’re going to spread it when we scan. Yikes! If I’m lost in the carnage, please remember me fondly.

I’m also easing myself back into cooking, because I’m totally out of that mode right now. I’m starting easy with some kielbasa, and...oh, what the hell? One more: That’s what she said! Anyway, I’ll gradually work myself up to more ambitious options. Probably my favorite New Orleans dish is crawfish étouffée, and I had a couple of great ones on this trip. The first one was at Oceana, and maybe it was because it was the first full day there, but it tasted like ambrosia to me. The second one was at Desire Oyster Bar, and although it didn’t wallop me up the side of the head the way Oceana’s did, it was mighty good. I resolved to try my hand at an étouffée. I’ve made gumbo and jambalaya, but I’ve never attempted étouffée. I found my recipe from one of the cooking classes we took in New Orleans, though, and I’m going to give it a shot! I’m hopeful that I’ll be able to find some frozen crawfish somewhere in town.

Hey, who do I gotta blow to get some crawfish in northern Indiana?!

I’m so sorry. I don’t know what is wrong with me. I’m in full-blown—HA! See?!—sassy mode, and I can’t seem to stop myself. Don’t worry about me. This will pass and I’ll be back to my usual sweet, angelic self and…

Bahaha! You guys know me better than that! I couldn’t keep a straight face. But I WILL calm down eventually and attempt to be a tiny bit more appropriate. I’m sure this is a lot to swallow. [deep breath]

THAT’S WHAT SHE SAID!

1 comment:

I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you?