Wednesday, June 14, 2017

A Nationwide Insanity

Jeebus Effin’ Christ, I am so sick of writing about this.

Here.

Here.

Here.

Here.

Here.

And here.

With every mass shooting we have in this country, my outrage and frustration grow. This keeps happening over and over and OVER and we still cannot bring ourselves to pass common sense gun laws, despite the majority of Americans favoring them. Even Republicans!

Congresswoman shot in the head? Nope.

Dozens shot and killed in a theater? Nope.

Twenty kids dead in their elementary school? Nope.

Nine dead in a South Carolina church? Nope.

Fifty dead in a nightclub in Orlando? Nope.

And now they—Republican House members—have been targeted. Several of their own were shot. The response?

They will not do anything to weaken the 2nd Amendment.

Some of the members will start carrying guns.

I honestly have to wonder just what the fuck is wrong with them. How can you look at what is going on here and look at our rates of gun violence vs other countries and NOT COMPREHEND that we have a major problem with guns? What is this bizarre fetish that we have with guns?

It is SICK. It is not normal, and it is not healthy. This isn’t the fucking Wild West and these open carry assholes are not fucking Wyatt Earp.

If you want to have guns to hunt, I support that. Well, I don’t support hunting. I think it’s gross and cruel and it makes me sick. I get it, though. But no one needs to be carrying guns around and it is about goddamn time that we start passing some common sense gun laws in this country.

You’re all so scared of terrorist attacks? From 2001 to 2014, for every life claimed by terrorism (including the 9/11 attack), over ONE THOUSAND died from gun violence. This is not just a matter of domestic terrorism and mass shootings, it is domestic violence, murders, and suicide. We have a major problem in this country and as long as our legislators continue to kiss National Rifle Association ass, this will not be solved.

The NRA is a boil on the ass of humanity. They don’t give a flying FUCK about dead kids or legislators who get shot in the head or a bunch of gays getting killed in a nightclub. All they care about is the money they can rake in with gun sales and lobbying.


As far as I’m concerned, they are a hate group, and they have so much blood on their hands that those damned spots will never be gotten out.

6 comments:

  1. Agree, agree agree. Aaaand.. oh what the hell, I'll say it. Ever since Trump got into the Oval Office, I've felt some awful event brewing. And it's not over. Just me? This has left me a bit sick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, not just you. I feel a looming sense of dread.

      Delete
  2. I believe in the right to bear arms; I also believe we are in need of more restrictive gun laws. But, I have come to feel that humans will never have a surfeit of killing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ezs note: Amen, sister. Amen. Kick the NRA out of this (supposedly) decent country.

    If you have a minute, I’d really appreciate it if you took a look at Emily’s Virtual Rocket. This is a serious newsblog which has been taken from e-newspapers and e-magazines from around the world, with an emphasis on transgender issues. Also, with his election, I look for articles which critique Donald Trump.

    I hope you enjoy this. Please paste the following:

    emilysvirtualrocket.blogspot.com

    If you like it, please consider putting it among your favorite blogs. I would greatly appreciate it.

    Sincerely,

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. A looming sense of dread, sums up how I've been feeling the last 5 months. *sigh** this is all so sad and much could be avoided with common sense gun laws. First off lock up the f-ing guns and keep kids from accidentally killing each other! And your are so right, the NRA only care about helping the gun/amo manufacturers make money.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like Mary's comment above. And I agree -- the NRA IS a hate group.

    ReplyDelete

I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you?