Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Double shock power!

It’s been a while since I did two posts in one day, but I just had to share this vintage ad I came across on one of my feeds. I find this hilarious on so many levels (and a handful of people will understand why).

I do not like to iron, and I make no apologies for it. In the past, I have rewashed things rather than ironing them. This is why Downy Wrinkle Releaser is one of the greatest products of ALLLL TIIIIIME! I suppose some people enjoy ironing, but I’ve got better things to do and bigger fish to fry. Perhaps it provides enjoyment to some, but not this gal. I did
enjoy ironing my Dad’s handkerchiefs when my Mom asked me to...but I was maybe ten years old at the time. I kind of grew out of that. [grin]



Ironing

3 comments:

  1. ... I enjoy ironing..! Not anal about it anymore but I have been looking for an excuse to buy one... my life has change from my days as a dashing rake so I don't make much use of the kind of shirts that need to be pressed... but for real, I enjoy pleating my slacks and crisping my own collar..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of ALL Time, Time, Time, Time....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed reading that ad so much that I had to look up the company. I found this info on John C. Hubinger: http://www.encinojon.com/greg/johnhub.html. I think you'll find the way it's written a bit amusing. More on Mr. Hubinger: http://www.dailygate.com/articles/2009/01/30/news/05.txt.

    ReplyDelete

I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you?