Sunday, September 8, 2013

Strange Days

Strange DaysThe outcome of last night’s ND-Michigan game wasn’t what we wanted, but we had fun watching all the same. I’ve learned to not get depressed about losing. I used to, but life is just too short to let something like a football game dictate your mood, you know? I enjoy watching, I love getting into it, but I don’t mourn when we lose. That’s why I have no regrets about going to the National Championship game last year. We got our asses kicked, but I loved the experience of being down there for the game, and loved being there to cheer for my Irish. So last night, I was like, “Well, damn,” but I didn’t get all weepy or upset. I’m just thrilled to be watching football again and excited about going to more games soon!

Today has been extremely low-key, and we’ve both been just chilling and reading stuff on the Interwebz. A Facebook friend posted an interesting article that wondered if President Obama hasn’t thought all of this Syria thing through with focus on the long-term. That maybe he has a strategy in mind here, and his actions are working to that end. I don’t know if that’s the case or not, but I found it an interesting viewpoint. My original comment was pretty much that, nothing confrontational, just a casual comment on the article. Then there was this:
[One commenter]: So, are we striking Syria or not, Beth?
[Me]: How the hell should I know? I'm not the Decider! But based on what I'm reading, my gut tells me that the House will say no, and the President will go along with that. I don't think anyone really knows what is going to happen, though. It's a very fluid situation.
[Another commenter]: Beth go get some knowledge????? If you can actually read you happen to be wrong. Learn your facts! no hard feelings, but you are a moron!
Well, that just cracked me up. I didn’t respond other than “LOL I see,” because that was just silly. Anyone who knows me knows that I try to stay informed, I’m an avid reader, and I don’t think anyone other than a hater would describe me as a moron. As one friend commented, “The minute they start calling you names, they’ve lost.” Very true. I took no offense at the comment, because it was just so far removed from reality that I could laugh about it.

The “no hard feelings, but you are a moron!” part was funny enough, but what really cracked me up was the “Beth go get some knowledge?????” part, with yes, FIVE question marks. I immediately thought of this, and when I read that comment, I hear it in this voice.



These are strange days indeed, and I’m just hanging on for the ride!

2 comments:

  1. It's alright Beth, I'm sure they typed that between exhibits at the creationists museum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Steelers lost today :( but I don't let it ruin my day.

    I loved the clip, I never saw that before! I laughed out loud too many times.

    ReplyDelete

I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you?