Saturday, December 26, 2009

Vindication

Rock Band2 avatar I was just getting caught up on some reading, and read this snippet from a Dr. Kornel, a neurosurgeon at Brain & Spine surgeons of New York, in White Plains:

Musical video games that sharpen the mind: Guitar Hero and Rock Band. People who play along with the beat of the songs develop new connections between neurons and synapses, building up the brain.

My addiction to love of Rock Band is merely my attempt to sharpen my mind. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Of course, I suppose I wasn't really sharpening my mind when I bought some cool schwag at the Rock Store, including a sweet leopard print tank top and lace up boots to go with my short shorts. Whatever. You're not the boss of me and don't you judge me! It's a cool outfit, and I'll take a picture of my avatar the next time I play. Which should be right about...now.

5 comments:

  1. Thats right, we are all about the health here at Nutwood :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now let me get this straight. Rock music makes you a better shopper. Have I got it right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Beth,
    Hooray ... I knew we'd get some research sooner or later revealing that video games are good for you!
    Best,
    Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Music is good for so much more than just the soul. Rock on, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just be sure you aren't dulling it with cocktails faster than you are sharpening it with Rock Band!

    ReplyDelete

I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you?