Friday, March 6, 2009

Don’tcha dig the sunshine?

Y'all are gonna hate me for putting this up, but I must. It's running through my head now that I've watched it, and being your devoted blogger friend, I just have to share.

Really, I DO dig the sunshine! It feels so great to have it nice enough to open the window, and it IS a sunshine day!

Not much to write about today, being as I'm all sunshiney and junk. I don't feel fired up about anything at the moment, just feeling wonderful mellowtudinous. I called yesterday to have someone come out to look at our stove--the oven wasn't heating to temperature. They were able to send someone out today, between 9 and 11 Am, he was here by 9:30, and our stove was fixed and he was on his way by 10:30. How cool is that? The igniter had gone bad, he had one in his truck, and we were good to go. I'm always so pleased when a service call is uncomplicated and everything is taken care of with no problems. I think I might have to send the place a letter and thank James the Stove Repairman. He got extra credit for enthusiastically patting Sheeba on the head as Sheeba checked him out, and saying that he likes cats.

Then I talked with my "coach" for the wellness group that Ken's company provides, and she said I was doing great and told me, "Good job!" I even stuck to it with a workout after that. Go me!

I made good progress on my B-word (see my blog header) book club book, and I think I'll try to forge ahead and finish it tonight. I have so many interesting books to read, and here I am stuck in Upstairs Downstairs Hell!

Scratch that--I probably won't finish the book tonight because I totally forgot that we have Notre Dame basketball tickets tonight (against St. John's). Not that it means a whole lot--they aren't making the NCAA tournament this year, darn it. Although we'll be back early enough, if I feel like reading then.

I hope everyone was really diggin' their sunshine day, and has an enjoyable weekend ahead of them!

13 comments:

  1. LOL about the Brady Bunch. I remember watching them a lot when was younger. It was so nice here today too. It was a little cool because of the wind blowing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. James the Stove Repairman just does not have the same ring as Joe the F&$%@ng Plumber; but he is already more productive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG at the beautiful weather. It was 71 here today and they promise 75 tomorrow. We are grilling out tomorrow. AWESOME...snow on Sunday and Monday and grilling on Saturday. I loved the video btw.
    Hugs, Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today is cooler here where I am, but still sunny!! Hated the video... LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i had a good sunshine day ... and it is a cool false spring night ... man, it would be wonderful for this spring to start early, after such a hard winter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I read the title of your entry, before actually opening it, the first thing that came to mind is that exact song! Sunshine Day by the Brady Bunch! Oh, how I loved that show, and I wanted to be Marcia! Dreams of yesteryear!
    Kudos to you for sticking to your workout routine...it feels so good doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wonder how many of the Brady kids are now totally embarassed to watch those clips? I feel bad for their children who are now foreever connected to this legacy of really bad TV.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful here yesterday. Rainy today and gloomy and colder and supposed to get even colder. Glad you are sticking with the program. I am having a lot of hip and baCK PAIN right now, so no excersises. Getting old is not a pretty thing but the alternative is worse. Maybe, who knows no one has ever came back and told me that. You have a great day. Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Brady Bunch clip brought back memories of my brother and I with a big bag of chips and a 2-liter coke every day after school- Brady Bunch, Gilligan's Island, Partridge Family, Beverly Hillbillies, and Petticoat Junction. Then it was time for the news and we had to give up control of the TV 'cause Daddy was home!
    Thanks for the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  10. sunny days are good! I like your moods whether sunny or dark because you are genuinely funny.
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH you better believe I am loving the sunshine and the warmer temps! These days it is so very rare for a repairman to actually get there when they say, do the job and be gone, and everything work the first time, would have made me extra happy too! :) Hugs, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  12. I live in sunshine and just got out of the pool. Don't get jealous! It comes with the territory when you decide to live in Florida!

    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
  13. I had a few days of the windows being open despite the mild chill in the air. It was just so nice to get some fresh air in the house. Unfortunately since it's done nothing but pour outside. (Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete

I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you?