Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Heretic! Blasphemer!

Yeah, I'm talking to YOU, Senator John McCain, for daring to stand up to a hostile crowd when you said that you believe that President Obama believes in and respects the Constitution, and then saying that you believe that he is sincere. When the crowd booed you for what you said, you told them that he is the President of the United States, so "Let's be respectful." Your audacity is shocking, sir!

As for the crowd that booed the Senator, even when he talked about respecting the President, perhaps you all might learn a little class from Senator McCain. (I'm happy to see that he regained it after last year's election.) Maybe it's time to start thinking, instead of this rabid Pavlovian response whenever you hear the words "President Obama." Not much thinking going on there.

It's not cool to be stoopid.

9 comments:

  1. I'm glad he did that and glad you wrote about it. This is getting way out of hand and scaring me even more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I have ever heard so much over here about any bill that is being discussed over in the US. I sure don't think it is doing your country any good all (this kind of publicity) which is such a shame. Where are ALL the many many millions of uninsured people who seem to be ever so quiet in the discussion.. Or is it the usual case of those with money having the most to say ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. He got a little of his class back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the entire town hall meeting and was very impressed in most instances of how McCain reacted to the nuts. We need more honesty like this on the Republican side.

    ReplyDelete
  5. John McCain has always been a decent man, though I think he lost his was a bit in his zeal to be president. I'm glad he spoke up like that.

    And Beth, we all know it's not cool to be stupid, but it does seem to be all the rage these days.

    ReplyDelete
  6. for many it is the Democrats against the Republicans and vice versa and everything else be damned. On a day when a Kennedy died after contributing more to Washington that a half dozen Presidents combined, i wish everyone could just get along.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just goes to show that McCain isn't afraid of a room full of nuts. What bothers me the most about the video are the people in the background. What a bunch of sourpusses! You can just tell that they're not going to be happy about anything said that might be a step toward unity or compromise. McCain gave it a valiant try.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is truly scary all the pure hatred directed at this president and the current administration.

    ReplyDelete

I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you?