Sunday, April 29, 2012

A not-so-lazy Sunday

Spring 2012hJust a pretty picture from our place.

Usually Nutwood Sundays are pretty quiet days, but I kept a little busier than usual today.

I’ve been going to bed quite a bit earlier than normal (for me) lately, because with nice weather coming and longer days, I’ve been wanting to get up earlier. So I had an early (for me) start, made a quick trip to the grocery store for something I’m making for dinner (more in a moment), got a quick workout in (I usually take Sundays off, but not today!), dried a load of sheets and got those folded, got cleaned up, and then started working on tonight’s dinner. I KNOW! Busy busy busy!

I was going to do a food post about this dinner today, but it’s only partly done and won’t be finished until much later tonight. So tomorrow, you’ll get to read about this braciole, AKA Sicilian-Style Beef Roulade according to Emeril. His is the recipe I’m using. I’ve made it once before, and it was very tasty, so I hope this one turns out well, too. It doesn’t look very pretty, but as long as it tastes good, I’m cool with ugly food! Presentation is important, too, but if it doesn’t taste good, what’s the point?

Ken is back from his business trip, so I hope this will be a yummy meal for him. Me too, for that matter!

I’ve got some political stuff churning in my head, but I’m a little too absorbed in my current book to focus on that right now. I’ll get back to it soon enough...maybe too soon for some of you! [grin] I love Shelfari, because it lets me know when I’m “behind my pace” of last year, and Shelfari chided me yesterday for falling behind. Drat! The book is great, but it’s not a fast read (but oh, what an enlightening book...things really haven’t changed that much in almost a hundred years, and that’s really sad to me). I have the new Stephen King Dark Tower book on the way, so I’ll burn through that in no time and get back up to my usual pace. I’m not trying to compete against anyone other than myself!


Time to start the final phase of the braciole, and back to reading. Carry on, citizens!

2 comments:

  1. I KNEW you were making a roulade!! How did I know that? I don't know. But when I read what you'd bought in a previous post I told Eler Beth "I bet she's making a roulade!" We had Thomas cut some venison extra thin last year and labeled it for roulade because there's a particular recipe we wanted to try. Haven't tried it yet! Now I think I know what I'm going to be trying this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, you mentioned a sirloin steak in that other entry. And maybe you'd written about a roulade recipe before? Hmm. Either that or I'm getting a sixth sense....

    ReplyDelete

I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you?