Thursday, May 7, 2009

Happy as a little girl

Apple blossom Ahhh, what a gorgeous day it ended up being! Gloomy this morning, but the afternoon brightened up, and I was able to sit out on the deck for a bit. I also took care of switching out my summer and winter clothes, and I'm looking forward to wearing summer stuff soon.

I'm batchin' it tonight, as Ken is downtown for his convention. It sounds like it's going well so far, but he's pretty busy since he's basically the host. I'll head up tomorrow evening for dinner, and stay up there. We haven't decided if we'll go for the cigar bar, or the Irish pub, after dinner. I think we're leaning towards the cigar bar, because they have some cool jazz on the weekends. Should be a fun evening!

Although I'm on my own tonight, I decided not to do the traditional Ken-on-a-business-trip Eggplant Parmigiana. It's only for one night, so I'll wait until he's gone for a little longer. I'll go with another thing he's not fond of, creamy pasta salad.

Saturday will be a family get-together for various birthdays and Mother's Day. Sunday will be the new Star Trek movie, with an afternoon matinee. I am really looking forward to it. I'm starting to hear good things, and a friend of our British friend Simon got to see it early, and enjoyed it. Apparently the guy playing the young Spock is just perfect for the role, and in the previews I've seen, Chris Pine does a pretty good young Kirk--a brash, cocky womanizer. In the scene I saw, he tries to pick up Uhura in a bar. Ha! I might have to do another ode to Star Trek at some point.

Now, since it's just me and the cat tonight, let's see what kind of trouble I can get into. Heh!

7 comments:

  1. I haven't heard a single bad thing about the new Star Trek movie. It seems that it's going to be a MAJOR hit! Your weekend sounds wonderful. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a good night! Sounds like a great weekend! I'll be working all weekend:( I'll check back in with you Monday morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always make Cheesey Tuna Helper when Jesse's gone. (I know....I can hear the 'EEWWWWWWWW' already....LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard good things about the movie as well, and may slip out to see it this weekend as well.

    Nice aside to Dieter!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone I've talked to said the Star Trek movie is great. I'm looking forward to seeing it. I hope you are enjoying your evening with the kitty. Mine has slept all afternoon so I suspect I'm in for it by the time I go to bed. LOL.
    Hugs, Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hmmm, a night home alone~ Is it bad to say I'd love one of those? No hubby, no kids...and if I could shoo my 6 pets out the door as well, oh heaven~~~
    Enjoy the food choices,movie choices, girlie choices and remember, there's a gal off in Idaho completely and totally surrounded by movement..
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both the cigar bar and the pub, twice. Life is good :o)

    ReplyDelete

I'm funny how, I mean funny like I'm a clown, I amuse you?